Sunday

I've been playing around with the computer and trying to resolve some of my paintings. I kind of like the way this turned out. I don't know whether I could do the same thing in paint, but it does give me some ideas. It's not like a commitment on canvas and remorse when it doesn't work out and the inevitable painting over the sorry mess. I almost feel guilty that I can do so many different things and not commit. It's the perfect situation for an indecisive person like me.
Now that we're in the digital age, I suppose the old rules of art don't apply and it's not necessary to have the literal hand of the artist, by brush strokes or pencil, in the work to be considered art. But, I must confess, the look of beautiful paint on canvas or wood, rather than pixels on paper, will aways be my first choice to hang on the walls.

No comments: