Wednesday

Obama is my hero (again!)



Another wasted day fooling around with my website. It's amazing how you can end up in a rabbit hole by following one itsy, bitsy email link to the end of the rainbow. I thought I was going to become an expert in Photoshop Paintbrushes by following that link, but, alas, I ended up losing another day in my life! I also missed out on Susan Carlin's painting session. I really like to check in with her periodically. I love her painting style and her comments. She's so down to earth and I usually learn something important about portrait painting by tuning in. Instead, I listened to Obama's speech at 8:00 tonight. It was, without a doubt, the best speech I've ever heard. After all the nonsense over the summer, with the teabag groups, et al, I wasn't sure what to expect. He certainly exceeded my diminished expectations. I wasn't sure what to think when he endorsed the insurance exchanges (it seemed like a cop out), but I realize that even though our right to health care has languished far behind other industrial nations for an eternity, he has to carefully implement the necessary changes. He said there should be a public option for those that can't afford regular insurance within the exchanges. After listening to his speech, I believe he's not just a puppet of the insurance and medical industrial complex and is sincere about wanting real health care reform. I hope I'm not wrong and his speech was just as inspiring to those in Congress that have the power to bring about this needed change.

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

Wow, Gayle! Imagine my surprise when I came by to see what you were painting these days and found that you'd embedded my video of painting Stella and Ziggy! Thank you.