Tuesday

I didn't get any painting done today, but I looked at more artist's blogs/websites. Some are really great and I've gotten all kinds of ideas. There just isn't enough time to do everything, but I hope to post some of the really inspirational ones on my blog. I'm still learning and not quite sure about the RSS feeds?--maybe that's the way to do it? I wonder if there is some sort of protocol. But anyway, I did figure out how to put a link to some tunes. Not that it's necessary, but I saw another site with tunes and liked the idea. Mine aren't nearly so sedate--like classical music--but it's not rap either. Maybe I can turn them on to play and go into the next room and paint. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Not that it's that big of a deal, but it did make me feel good that someone from Etsy highlighted one of my paintings in a "treasure" room or something like that. I'm not sure what it means, but I thanked the person that did it.

One of the ladies in my step class this morning, who had just returned from visiting her daughter in NYC, told me some stunning news. Her daughter works in a gallery where the cheapest artwork is 17,000 euros (they don't deal in dollars). Most works average 250,000 euros. She said a man from Ohio bought a sculpture for 850,000 euros from a picture her gallery listed on the internet. It's stunning that people have so much money. And I feel somehow guilty about asking $200 for a painting.

No comments: