Thursday

It's beginning to dawn on me that perhaps I set my expectations too high. A painting a day? What a joke. Perhaps if I could stumble into my perfectly organized studio (with the high ceiling and north light, might as well dream big) with a steaming cup of coffee in my hand in the morning and only worry about fooling around with my paint, I could possibly drum up something on a 5 x 7 canvas or card. However, the chaos around me is overwhelming. It's really hard to work under these circumstances, but I'm beginning to organize. I picked up a shelf from Tiffany, who is moving out of our rental, and am using that to organize my painting supplies. Jerry is helping me hang some stuff to get it out of the way. And I did spend a little time trying to salvage an abstract on paper with some photo transfers from a magazine. Don't know if it'll work out, but I'll see what develops in the morning when it's had time to dry. Did spend an inordinate amount of time on my website trying to add new things--many of which didn't work out. It sure makes me appreciate this blog. It seems so easy to get a good looking website out of their tools (at least in my humble opinion). No wonder Google is going gangbusters.

No comments: