Wednesday

Twilight landscape with waterfall ©, 16" x 20", acrylic
Working through my stack of unfinished paintings. Still not satisfied with this one, but trying to keep to my commitment of finishing one a day (not sure now long I can keep this up.) I added more yellow to the sky and highlighted the trees and added more detail. I was experimenting with mixed media and using some material I had left over after making a blouse. It got all covered up with acrylic modeling paste and then some interference paint I was fooling around with. That made the picture-taking kind of hard because of the glare. The quest to get a good photo is more mystifying to me than the painting. Maybe tomorrow I'll try something new and forget about salvaging the old stuff for a little while. I'm getting a little tired of it.

No comments: