Thursday

Today was a bust! Spent all day at the rental working. Jerry got all the sprinklers fixed and I cleaned. On an unrelated note: I suppose some artists thrive on rejection, but seriously I don't know why I'm deluding myself into thinking I can be an artist or am an artist. If I had any sense, I'd be into painting what people really want--their houses. There seems to be much more reward in that. Yeah, maybe it's only monetary, but at least it's something (and it helps pay the bills.) We got a quote today for painting some of the rooms and I don't think even Rembrandt made that kind of money for his masterpieces. $130 for one coat of paint for an average-sized bedroom--no ceiling or trim. Another $130 for a second coat, etc. And I know they won't obsess like I do about cleaning the walls with TSP before they paint either. Some days are just plain hard to take. Oh well, I guess it'll be back to my true vocation--painting rooms with a roller.

No comments: