Wednesday

Brass Band, 2 1/2 x 3 1/2", acrylic on watercolor paper
I finally see the value of keeping a sketch book. My vow was to finish the portrait of Jerry and Seamus today, but the day slipped away and it didn't happen. I spent a lot of time on my website revising it. It's still not there, but I didn't have any emotional strength left to tackle that painting--plus it was way too late in the day. Yesterday I found a scrap of paper--not really a sketch book--but a sketch I did at the St. Luke's concert series. In order to keep my vow to the blog (I'm going to do it if it kills me) I decided to try and do something with the scrap since there was a show on Ch. 151 about Jazz. I really like Jazz and thought I could work on the sketch/painting while listening to the program. The program turned out to be a bust--all talking and commercials--so I retired to my art room and did this. These ACEOs are great. They're a way to work on art and not be so emotionally involved in a "painting on canvas" (i.e. potential "masterpiece"--ha!), but they're so small that you usually do have leftover paint and that needs to be used up, soooooo, it goes on the lingering canvases. Nice!

No comments: