Saturday

Beethoven as Muse

We had a nice, relaxing day. We got to the the Y at 11:00 and Jerry did his exercise thing while I did a Power Yoga class and took a steam bath. Finally got out the paints later and fiddled around for a while before we went to St. Luke's for the performance of the UCF Symphony Orchestra. I took along my sketch pad and embellished some of the design I had done earlier while listening to Beethoven's Piano concerto No. 4. The soloist was UCF Prof. Laurent Boukobza, a very talented pianist who played wonderfully. UCF is lucky to have such a fine musician and teacher and I'm proud to say I'm a UCF alumni when I hear this group of musicians. They finished off the performance with Beethoven's 5th Symphony. It was fun just listening to the music and letting my pen go wherever it wanted. I hope I can finish off my sketch tomorrow. I've decided to take an old sketch book and fill it up with drawings, paintings, collages, anything. The pages aren't too big so it shouldn't be too taxing to complete a page and I'm just not going to worry about what I do. Maybe something will materialize that I like enough to put on canvas.

No comments: