Sunday

Sketching, obsessing and dawdling

Sketch after Van Gogh's "The Night Cafe"
The last few days haven't been too great for getting things accomplished. Wasted all day yesterday (and it was a beautiful day) trying to get a new computer. Why, oh why, is it so hard to reach a decision. I worked and reworked the portrait of Marley the day before until it's now back to where it was when I started. In between obsessing about the painting, I picked up the latest issue of "Smithsonian" and found out there was a new showing of Van Gogh's work at MoMA in New York. I got excited about the prospect of seeing a large portion of his work until I read the complete article and it said the exhibit is through Jan. 5, 2009. So the exhibit is now on its way to the Van Gogh Museum. So much for timely articles. I decided to at least do a sketch/copy of one of his great paintings from the article. I just love his color schemes.

No comments: