Saturday

Inspired by ArtsFest Painting Demo

Patrick McGrath Muniz (in a blurry photo--yikes!--that's why I'm a painter and not a photographer)
Patrick's lovely wife next to her portrait

We went to one of the ArtsFest events today at the Maitland Art Center to see a painting demonstration by Patrick McGrath Muniz. He's a very talented local artist who paints in the style of the old masters but with some decidedly modern twists. His "Last Supper" painting, after the style of Leonardo da Vinci, is something to see with a Kentucky Fried chicken bucket on the table and Ronald McDonald in the background, among other things. I wish I had taken a picture of his sketch pad--it was amazing! I'm hoping to catch some of his completed paintings at the Comma Gallery before they're whisked off to Amsterdam, Guatemala and Puerto Rico. I was so inspired by his demo that I had to make a trip to Michael's, after a great Thai lunch, and buy some more canvases to add to my collection. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Thanks for posting this in your blog Gayle! It was a real pleasure for me to be able to give this demo.