Tuesday

New art books today and orchids!


I got two new art books from Amazon today--woo hoo!--"Rethinking Acrylic" by Patti Brady and "Acrylic Revolution" by Nancy Reyner. I can't wait to try some of the techniques to salvage some of my ratty paintings. I also made a trip to Michael's to pick up two tubes of oil paints for a class I'll be starting tomorrow in Painting Like the Masters. It's quite a switch from experimental acrylics to that, but I have to keep the brain cells active and guessing. Too bad I struck out at Michael's. Believe it or not, they didn't have Indian Yellow or Venetian Red. I guess I'll have to make a trip to Art Systems and hope for the best. We spent a large part of the day trying to fix up the front yard that the prior tenants destroyed. That was fun. Dealing with problem tenants seems to be the main focus of our lives. I wonder what we did in our previous incarnations to deserve this? I tried to get a nice picture of some orchids that are blooming around the house today, but not much luck, so I tried to fix it up with Photoshop. I'm on constant guard with the cats who are trying everything in their power to sneak behind my back and nibble all the blossoms off. I guess orchids must be a rare edible delicacy in the feline world LOL.

No comments: