Tuesday

I'm still working on this one. It almost looks like a crucifixion to me--so bloody. I guess it's hard to forget all those years Mom made us go to church. I tried to tone it down, but it still comes through--even with this lousy picture. It has some patches of strappo glued on , but the glow I'm looking for isn't there yet. I spent time today trying to write up an "artist statement," exactly why I do art. I'm not sure yet why and I found a lot of quotes from artists I admire about seeing, so I believe it has something to do with that. And I'm figuring out that I'm always looking for some sort of glow in my paintings. One quote I really responded to was by Oscar Wilde, "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." I think my quest has something to do with that.

No comments: