Wednesday

Today was busy working on setting up an online store in Etsy. Who knew there was so much out there to present your stuff to the world? (If any one is looking at the site, but it does look professional.) It seems like a more attractive option than trying to sell on EBay. I've seen some artists who had insultingly low bids. One had two bids for a total of 6 cents! Talk about a cruel world, I can't imagine anyone being that miserly and mean to insult an artist that way. It's heartbreaking. After always being the last to be chosen for whatever sport in school as a kid, I have a particular aversion to these types of public popularity contests. I guess it's something I'll never get over. It was fairly easy to get online to Etsy, but, of course, it was time consuming and I barely had time to look in my art room. I did sell a painting on Craigslist (not one of mine, unfortunately) just to make room for all my stuff. I feel like I'm drowning in it. The man who bought the painting was a very nice chiropractor who is really in love with art and seemed to enjoy looking at my stuff. In fact, he offered to buy one of my pieces that almost fell out of the closet when Jerry was showing him a naive piece we had bought at an antique shop in PA. It was surprising but gratifying. I wasn't sure what to say, but he said to call when I thought about it. Very nice! I'm hoping tomorrow I can finish that crucifixion piece, or whatever it is, and work on the Mary Todd Beam-type abstract on paper that I started yesterday. Another good thing, it rained today. We were going to take Marley for a walk when it started up, but I'm not complaining. We need all we can get.

No comments: