Saturday

Divine Healing Power of "Religulous" Revealed

I've been so depressed after our court date with our former tenants, the crazy "Christians." It's mind-boggling how she lied over and over again, under oath, about everything. She topped off the lies by assassinating my husband's character with horrid implications. I felt as if I needed a shower after being in the same courtroom with her. Judging by the nearly constant smirk on her face, she seems to be getting some sort of perverse enjoyment out of this. To make matters worse, their attorney played out the clock on this and left us with no time to present our case. Now the case is continued on November 21st. Needless to say, it's been hard to do much of anything except wonder WTF and try not to think about (ha!) how we've been handled. After our experience with the psychopaths, I figured now would be a good time to see Religulous, Bill Maher's great new movie about organized religion. He came across as surprisingly idealistic and, like me, holds Jesus up to a higher standard than the purveyors of Christianity© who use his name for their own gain. He asks all the questions I've asked my whole life about God and Christianity. The end totally blew me away. I can't remember when I've ever applauded at the end of a movie (although perhaps for Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911--not sure--short-term memory loss), but I did for this one and pretty soon the whole theater followed suit. I don't always agree with everything he says--he's a libertarian?--but this movie gave me a whole new outlook on Bill Maher and the world's various religions. It's a must see for anyone open-minded enough to critically examine the dangers of the forces seeking to transform our government from a democracy into a theocracy.

No comments: